Federal Skilled Worker Program – Why you shouldn’t give up yet
There are more than 80 immigration pathways to Canada. However, immigration is through two forms – Federal or Provincial level.
I understand that since December 2020, the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program has been on hold. A lot of us have given up, or are on the verge of giving up. But there’s still hope.
YOU CAN STILL BE NOMINATED FROM THE EXPRESS ENTRY POOL!
While we wait for the Federal Skilled Worker (FSW) program to resume, you can still be nominated by a province through the Express Entry pool.
Provincial Nomination Officials have direct access to the Express Entry pool and they can view/nominate candidates in the pool.
HOW DOES IT WORK?
If you are in the Express pool, you can be nominated by a province, giving you your permanent residency.
- Provincial Nomination Officials (PNO) search the Express Entry (EE) Pool for eligible candidates.
- When your profile piques their interest, the PNO would indicate their interest in your profile via their portal. You would receive a notification in your Express Entry (EE) account, asking you to consider their interest. Ensure to monitor your EE account always
- If you re interested, you must then provide your Express Entry profile number and Jobseeker validation code to the Provincial Nomination Official (PNO).
- Once the PNO receives your information, they would process your provincial nomination. You will be notified through your EE account to accept or reject the nomination. You will have 30days to do so. You can be nominated by several provinces.But once you accept a nomination from a province, your profile will be invisible to others.
- Upon accepting a nomination, you will receive 600 points and an Invitation to Apply (ITA) for Permanent Residency. You will have 60days to submit an Application for Permanent Residency (APR).
HOW DO I JOIN THE EXPRESS ENTRY POOL?
- Goto the CRS tool by clicking here, and calculate the points you will likely score. A score in the 470’s and above is suitable.
- Get your academic credentials evaluated. Most persons prefer to use World Education Services (WES).
- Have your IELTS General test score – An optimum score is Reading 8.0, Writing 7.5, Listening 8.5, Speaking 7.5. The higher your score, the better.
- Create an IRCC account and submit your Express entry profile here. During submission, you will be asked to indicate provinces you will be interested in. This helps your visibility to the Provincial Nomination Officers. Please note that submitting an Express Entry is free.
WHAT IF I DO NOT GET NOMINATED BY A PROVINCE:
If no province is showing interest in your profile, you can submit an Expression of Interest (EOI) to any of the provinces.
I recommend having a good CRS score before doing this (470 and above).
The most popular provinces are:
- Saskatchewan PNP.
- Ontario PNP – Click here.
- Manitoba PNP – Click here.
- British Columbia PNP – Click here.
APPLICATION FOR PERMANENT RESIDENCY:
Once you receive your invitation to apply for permanent residency, you have 60days to actually do so. You will need:
- Your IELTS General test score.
- Your evaluated academic credential.
- Proof of work experience.
- Proof of funds – Bank statement or any other financial document showing a closing balance of $13,213 CAD, and $3,560 CAD for each additional family member.
- Biometrics – $85 per person.
- Medical examination – Average $250 CAD per person.
- Permanent residency application fee – $1,325 CAD per adult. $225 CAD per child.
- Your provincial nomination certificate.
May God make your travel dreams a reality.